raised for mental health research
Mullets turning science into action!
September is the month of the MULLET. Show you're all ears during September and raise vital funds for mental health research.
- Catherine Nixon just donated $52.00
- Anonymous just donated $26.00
- Mel Roberts just donated $20.80
- Matt & Amy Bishop just donated $104.00
- Liz Jaeschke just donated $5.20
- Anonymous just donated $2.08
- Mason Gray just donated $31.20
- Toby Bush just donated $41.60
- Annette Beyer just donated $208.00
- Tracey Slater just donated $52.00
- Luke Armocida just donated $10.40
- Britt H just donated $20.80
- Clare Casey just donated $50.00
- Carol Marr just donated $20.80
- Katya just donated $104.00
- Nadia Khaled just donated $29.00
- Jonathan just registered for Mullets For Mental Health 2021
- Chantelle Hardeman just donated $20.00
- Peter & Grace just donated $104.00
- Sophie Pearce just donated $83.20
Shape & Grow
Let it grow & shape in your magnificent mullet on 1 September
Support Mental Health
Share & let everyone know your mullet is for mental health!
Mullets for Mental Health
Show you're all ears this September! Grow a MULLET for Mental Health.
Have you always wanted a mullet? Maybe you always wanted to try it but didn’t have the confidence to pull off such a majestic hairstyle, or maybe you have one already and want to see it bloom...
If so, show you're all ears and be a Mullets For Mental Health legend; shape in and grow your mullet for the month of September to raise much needed funds for mental health research.
Suicide is the leading cause of death among Australians aged 15-44, and approximately 60% of Australians reporting symptoms of mental illness don’t seek help.
Your mullet will help us drive real change through ground breaking research into the early detection, prevention and treatment of common mental health disorders.
Your mullet is driving real world change!
At Black Dog Institute, we stand for a mentally healthier world. We are proud to be the only medical research institute in Australia that works to reduce mental illness and suicide for adults and young people alike. Unlike some other NGOs which are government-funded, all our work is funded competitively, either through grants, fee-for service income or generous donations like yours.
Here are just a few of the ways your mullets have made a difference:
In response to COVID-19, rapidly adapting our free community and school programs into digital workshops and webinars and supporting their ongoing delivery. This has already enabled us to double our reach compared to the same time last year.
Hair we go!