Raised so far
Mental Health Awareness Month
MSA is hosting Mental Health Awareness Month in May 2022. We are coming together across the country throughout the month of May to support the Black Dog Institute. Our official fundraising weekend is the 21st-22nd of May. However, you can choose to support the Black Dog Institute anytime throughout May.
What a fun way to raise funds this year to 'Set your Challenge' either as an individual or team. Tell us what your challenge is! Will you be doing backstroke for the whole month of May? Will you be swimming in a morph suit? Get thinking and get creative for Mental Health research and register now!
Black Dog Institute's research shows that exercise has many benefits for physical and mental health. Just running for 15 minutes a day or walking for an hour has been shown to reduce the risk of major depression by 26%.
We encourage members to be active and connected because 1 in 5 of us will experience symptoms of mental illness in any given year. In Australia, that’s around 5 million people. Roughly 60% of these people won’t seek help.
Sign up to MSA Mental Health Awareness Month to create and set your very own challenge for the month of May.
2. Join a Team
Know someone who has a team and would like to join them? Simply go through the registration process and type in their team name there to join.
Complete your challenge anytime in May or on the weekend of the 21st & 22nd of May to raise $ for mental health research. Get creative and Get Fundraising !
- Rob just donated $26.25
- Andrea McNeil just donated $52.50
- Michael Wilson just donated $50
- Keith Wilson just donated $52.50
- chandra trasanayagam just donated $10.50
- Fraser Rettie just donated $52.50
- Ian Renwick just donated $129.15
- Tia Beagley just donated $10
- Stephanie Rogers just donated $21
- Mark Blyth just donated $50
- Michelle and Jonno just donated $52.50
- Emma Ashwood just donated $21
- Mick Cummins just donated $50
- Karen Shinnick just donated $52.50
- Anita Killmier just donated $52.50
- Katie Mee just donated $52.50
- Nicky Kerr just donated $52.50
- Linda H just donated $50
- Wren Thomas just donated $105
- Angela Basedow just donated $105