Running the Melbourne Half Marathon for Black Dog Institute
If you have made it onto my page, thank you. Your support means a lot. I have decided to run a half marathon as it'll be a challenge for me. I have never run over 10km and right now, running 5km is a struggle!
I have decided to raise money for Black Dog Institute, a charity focusing on Mental Health, for a few reasons.
- 2020 has been a challenge for us all. Charities like BDI have been very influential in helping society cope with the current climate.
- I want to run it for myself, I have struggled with anxiety and OCD for a large chunk of my life.
- I want to run it for my partner Steve who has had a challenging year but to whom I am extremely proud of and love.
- I want to run it for my family where I know mental health has crept in a bit too and who I also love dearly.
- I want to run it for my friends, because I love them like my family, warts and all.
- I want to run it for the Kinexus family, whose support has been over whelming.
If I had told myself a year ago where I would be in July 2020, I wouldn't have believed it. I feel extreme gratitude for my journey and now would like to give back.
On top of this I am very grateful to have my beautiful friend Ellen, running alongside me.
Thank you so much.
Below is a description about what BDI are all about.
(I've put a baby Arthur in my picture for effect ;-))
***PLEASE NOTE*** - If the Melbourne Marathon does get cancelled. I will still run half a marathon on that day.
I'm standing up to join Team Black Dog to turn ground breaking research into life saving action.
Mental illness affects 1 in 5 Australians every year, with the most common being depression and anxiety. Mental illness doesn’t discriminate. It affects people from all walks of life — individuals, families, workplaces and communities.
Please donate today!