Raised so far
Masters Swimming Australia
Mental Health Awareness Month
MSA is coming together to host a Mental Health Awareness Month in May 2021. We are coming together across the country throughout the month of May to support the Black Dog Institute. Our official fundraising weekend is the 15th-16th of May. However, you can choose to support the Black Dog Institute anytime throughout May.
You can raise funds as either an individual or as a team. So register now to support mental health research.
Black Dog Institute's research shows that exercise has many benefits for physical and mental health. Just running for 15 minutes a day or walking for an hour has been shown to reduce the risk of major depression by 26%.
We encourage members to be active and connected because 1 in 5 of us will experience symptoms of mental illness in any given year. In Australia, that’s around 5 million people. Roughly 60% of these people won’t seek help.
- Robert FERGUSON just donated $1,015
- Stuart Ellicott just donated $52
- Cheryl Brodribb just donated $52
- Paul just donated $200
- Lynne Harris just donated $20.80
- Bel Meek just donated $10.40
- Peter Sharman just donated $104
- Anne Smyth just donated $52
- ROGER MONTGOMERY just donated $10.40
- Anonymous just donated $10
- Wendy Kingma just donated $52
- Sandra Rogers just donated $52
- Bec just donated $52
- Larry & Carol Mulhearn just donated $52
- Jennifer Shay just donated $52
- Rowena Solomons just donated $104
- Alison Locke just donated $20.80
- Sue Nevins just donated $52
- Andrea McNeil just donated $52
- Masters Swimming NSW just donated $157
2. Support Mental Health
Spread the word and ask for support. Let everyone know you're joining us for mental health research!
Join us anytime in May or on the weekend of the 15/16th of May to raise $ for mental health research.