Raised so far
Masters Swimming Australia
Mental Health Awareness Month
MSA is coming together to host a Mental Health Awareness Month in May 2021. We are coming together across the country throughout the month of May to support the Black Dog Institute. Our official fundraising weekend is the 15th-16th of May. However, you can choose to support the Black Dog Institute anytime throughout May.
You can raise funds as either an individual or as a team. So register now to support mental health research.
Black Dog Institute's research shows that exercise has many benefits for physical and mental health. Just running for 15 minutes a day or walking for an hour has been shown to reduce the risk of major depression by 26%.
We encourage members to be active and connected because 1 in 5 of us will experience symptoms of mental illness in any given year. In Australia, that’s around 5 million people. Roughly 60% of these people won’t seek help.
- Jill Rayment-Williams just donated $25
- Rob Wilson just donated $20.80
- Geoff just donated $20.80
- Cathy Matheson just donated $20
- Tracy Bowman-Finn just donated $5.20
- Violet Wilkinson just donated $50
- Helen Rubin just donated $52
- Paul Woolf just donated $31.20
- Anonymous just donated $150
- Jane Noake just donated $52
- Anonymous just donated $515
- Anonymous just donated $26
- Jacqui Russell just donated $52
- Paul Bailey just donated $104
2. Support Mental Health
Spread the word and ask for support. Let everyone know you're joining us for mental health research!
Join us anytime in May or on the weekend of the 15/16th of May to raise $ for mental health research.